Monday, August 16, 2010

Just give it time.

Will there ever be a day when I don't have to remind myself that Steve is not here? Every day I think about either having him over, telling him funny things about Jocelyn, or I think about that strange dream I had and remember it was not a dream. Every day my heart sinks. I know it has only been six months. But I am realizing now I will forever be dealing with things I never in my life thought I would.

I, and we will always have a hole in our hearts and lives.
I will always have to explain to our children who their uncle is. Even then, they won't understand
My husband will always be missing his brother, and will never be the same again.
And I will never be the same again.

While everyone changes, this is not a change I would ever wish to go through or wish for someone else to go through. I only hope and pray that things can go up from here. Because fright now, they are very, very low.

No comments:

Post a Comment