Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Where can I turn for Peace? "

This last week was a tough one at times. Especially for my husband. It led me to wonder how and when peace is found in a situation like this. I believe we all felt some form of piece in the week after. But I also feel that much of that has worn away as life has continued and we have not been able to just sit and be together.

In this search I emailed a friend who lost her son a few years ago. ( my hometown has been hit in the worst way in losing youth. Kind of strange) In short I asked her how she found peace.

Her answer told me plainly that it will not come right away. It cannot come right away and will most likely not come for at least a year. Only through A LOT of scripture study, prayer, temple visits and time can peace be found.

It makes sense, I guess I just hoped it could come immediately and all would be well. But it can't. I can be ok with that. She also said that, though talking about him and talking about life without him is the last thing we may want to do, it helps. I guess this is why I am writing here too. I am hoping this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment